Act relating to enterprises' transparency and work on fundamental human rights and decent working conditions.
New Norwegian law who will entry into force from July 1st 2022.
You can find the complete act here: https://lovdata.no/dokument/NLE/lov/2021-06-18-99
Purpose of the act:
The Act shall promote enterprises' respect for fundamental human rights and decent working conditions in connection with the production of goods and the provision of services and ensure the general public access to information regarding how enterprises address adverse impacts on fundamental human rights and decent working conditions.
For the purposes of this Act, due diligence means to;
1. Embed responsible business conduct into the enterprise's policies
2. Identify and assess actual and potential adverse impacts on fundamental human rights and decent working conditions that the enterprise has either caused or contributed toward, or that are directly linked with the enterprise's operations, products or services via the supply chain or business partners
3. Implement suitable measures to cease, prevent or mitigate adverse impacts based on the enterprise's prioritizations and assessments pursuant to (2)
4. Track the implementation and results of measures pursuant to (3)
5. Communicate with affected stakeholders and rights-holders regarding how adverse impacts are addressed pursuant to (3) and (4)
6. Provide for or co-operate in remediation and compensation where this is required.
Duty to carry out due diligence:
The enterprises shall carry out due diligence in accordance with the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
Polyform AS due diligence assessment (NO);
For more info please find our contact info here.